Connect with us

Arsenal news

Emery responds to reports claiming Arsenal have tabled £14m bid for La Liga star

Published

on


Arsenal boss Unai Emery has played down speculation linking the club with Keylor Navas amid reports we’ve tabled a £14m bid for the Real Madrid goalkeeper.

Spanish newspaper Sport claimed earlier this week that Arsenal have opened talks with Madrid about signing Navas this winter and have tabled a formal £14m offer for the 32-year-old.

Navas helped the Spaniards win 3 consecutive Champions League’s but he’s lost his place in the Madrid first team following the arrival of Thibaut Courtois from Chelsea last summer and he hasn’t started a La Liga game since August so the report indicated that Madrid were willing to cash-in.

The Costa Rican international was supposedly keen on a fresh start and it was reported that Arsenal had offered him one here in the Premier League as we look to replace Petr Cech – who turns 37 in May.

However, Emery was quizzed about the reports at his press conference this afternoon and the Arsenal boss shot-down the speculation by insisting the club haven’t spoken about signing Navas and are happy with their current goalkeepers.

Emery told Arsenal.com:

on reports linking Keylor Navas with Arsenal…
Not true.

on if there’s interest…
I don’t know. We never speak about one goalkeeper because I think – and it’s true – we are very happy with the three goalkeepers we have now. We’ve never spoken about Keylor Navas.

I said at the time I would be shocked if there was any substance to the Navas rumours as it just didn’t make any sense. We spent £20m on Bernd Leno last summer so I just couldn’t see Arsenal splashing out another £14m on a 32-year-old keeper 6 months later.

We will need to find a replacement for Cech but for now the priority has to be other areas as we desperately need to strengthen the defence while replacements for Aaron Ramsey and Danny Welbeck are also going to be needed over the coming months.

I think it’s safe to say we won’t be seeing Navas arriving at Arsenal any time soon, plus reports today suggest he’s about to sign a contract extension at Madrid so it looks like he just used our name to get a new deal.



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Arsenal news

Video: Arsenal boss Unai Emery previews Blackpool game

Published

on

By



Arsenal coach Unai Emery has faced reporters for a pre-match press conference ahead of this weekend’s FA Cup third round tie against Blackpool….

Click the headline to read the full story.





Source link

Continue Reading

Arsenal news

Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Unai Emery plans £45m raid for Man Utd target… club make bid

Published

on

By


Arsenal news LIVE updates: All the latest news and gossip from the Emirates

Thursday 3, January 2019

  • Medhi Benatia took aim at Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri on Instagram
  • Arsenal and Manchester United are monitoring Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella
  • Napoli have already made the first bid of £18million plus Marko Rog and Adam Ounas
  • Unai Emery has strongly denied claims Keylor Navas is coming to Arsenal

Medhi Benatia unhappy

Medhi Benatia has continued to show his displeasure with life under Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri.

The Morocco international, who has previously been linked with Arsenal, has made just five league appearances this campaign.

And publicly bemoaned his lack of first-team action in November.

Now, Calciomercato are reporting that Benatia published an Instagram story in which a waiter asks him: “If you score a goal, you have to dedicate it to me”.

Benatia responded: “I have to play, in order to score.”

In November, Benatia told Italian newspaper La Stampa: “It’s normal that this is not good for me. I’m 31 and I have to try to play as much as possible. Let’s see in January what will happen, how much I have been used, if Juventus need me.”

Wanted: Nicolo Barella

Arsenal and Manchester United are monitoring Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella, reports claim.

Cagliari’s 21-year-old talent Barella made his debut for the Italy senior side against Ukraine in October.

And having continued his impressive league form – has captured the attention of Europe’s biggest clubs.

La Gazzetta dello Sport claim the player’s preference is to join Inter Milan, but his £45million price-tag could hand the advantage to the Premier League duo.

The report adds that Napoli have already made the first bid of £18million plus Marko Rog and Adam Ounas.

Unai Emery on Keylor Navas

Unai Emery has strongly denied claims Keylor Navas was closing in on a move to the Emirates.

Navas has been linked the Gunners as he looks to leave Real Madrid.

The Costa Rica international had been the first choice at the Bernabeu but Thibaut Courtois’ arrival has relegated him to the bench.

And speaking in his press conference ahead of Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Blackpool, Emery made clear there was no interest in signing the goalkeeper.

When asked about a move for Navas, Emery said: “Not true.

“We never speak about one goalkeeper because we are very happy with the three goalkeepers we have now. We never speak about Keylor Navas.”

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Arsenal news

Juventus confirm Aaron Ramsey interest

Published

on

By



Juventus have declared their interest in signing Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey. The Wales international is out of contract at the end of the season…

Click the headline to read the full story.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com